CLM Delivery Partner
CLM is the Delivery Partner to the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA), responsible for the construction of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games venues and infrastructure.
The relocation of overhead powerlines into 6km of underground tunnels and removal of 54 pylons was a program critical workstream essential to the ongoing development of the Olympic Park site and the wider regeneration of the local area. Without the on-time removal of the pylons, construction of further facilities would be significantly affected.
Key challenges included:
- Complex project stakeholder arrangements
- Co-ordination of site logistics and the numerous interfaces between various contractors
The Pcubed Solution
Pcubed provided CLM Delivery Partner with experienced project management resource to resolve the complex interface issues and guide the Power-Lines-Under-Ground (PLUG) project to a controlled completion. Pcubed responsibilities included:
- Acting as Project Manager for the delivery of the pylon removal program ensuring that site interface issues were resolved swiftly to maintain construction program and achieve required milestones
- Led the development of an innovative building arts solution that maintained planning requirements whilst realizing program savings and satisfying stakeholder concerns
- Proposed strategy and gained approval for the allocation of residual PLUG scope to other projects upon PLUG project completion. This provided a solution with advantages in both cost saving and alignment with program expertise
- Implementation of a project documentation management system and controlled project closeout strategy using existing, untried client procedures. PLUG was the first work stream to pass through the practical application of this program completion process