Program managing a Telecoms Joint Venture.
FreeMove comprises four telecoms operators (Orange, T-Mobile, TeliaSonera, and Telecom Italia) who have created a joint venture to compete with Vodafone in providing data and voice roaming services to MNCs across a wide footprint of countries.
FreeMove faces a broad ranging challenge relating to:
- Defining a clear product strategy based on the common capabilities of the members.
- A governance structure enabling quick and robust decision making.
- Execution of the roadmap across the four members and 32 territories (each with independent Natcos).
- An effective sales organization, again spanning members and territories.
The Pcubed Solution
Pcubed set and operated an independent client side strategic program office and program manages the different streams of activity (Marketing, Sales, Product Mgmt, etc). Our work has included:
- Facilitating definition of a clear and focused strategy and roadmap.
- Setting up and driving a new JV governance organization and creating a new sense of understanding and teamwork in the wider Pcubed team.
- Defining a clear masterplan and driving execution across 32 territories.
- Program managing the various streams of activity which has included the creation of a much more effective sales organization, and a more effective product development and management organization.