Delivering anticipated acquisition integration benefits.
NetNames is a European based company that provides domain management services for medium to large organizations and helps them manage and protect their online brands. HG Capital acquired Group NBT in 2011 and was subsequently re-branded as NetNames as part of re-positioning the business for European growth. Cedel, a Swedish based firm, was subsequently acquired in March 2012. In July 2012 NetNames sold-off their hosting business to PEER 1, a Canadian based company operating across North America and the UK.
NetNames wanted to integrate the operations of Cedel, their newly acquired Swedish firm; consolidating their existing European brands and realizing the value creation that was anticipated from key synergies during the acquisition's initial strategic planning.
Additionally, they wished to develop a repeatable approach for integrating future acquisitions needed to realize the firm's revenue and market growth objectives. Consistent with this goal, the new executive team also wanted to build the organization's project and change management capabilities.
Pcubed helped NetNames address these challenges with the following efforts. We:
- Performed a Day 1 and post-trade integration assessment of the newly acquired Swedish business.
- Developed programme governance plans and processes to support subsequent integration.
- Selected and implemented a leading ‘Software as a Service' project management tool, Daptiv.
- Performed a Day 1 planning and management of the separation of their hosting business to PEER 1.
- Designed and implemented a central Programme Management Office.
- Managed the subsequent business integration of their Indom French business including centralizing their support functions.
As a result of the project, NetNames divested and delivered on time their hosting business to PEER 1. Additionally NetNames' newly acquired French and Swedish businesses were integrated in line with their strategic aims and their strategic project portfolio has the visibility and transparency now to ensure it is tied to their value creation plan.
Pcubed also helped built a repeatable legacy from the project, developing and piloting a repeatable integration methodology as well as building an internal programme and project management capability with defined transition and knowledge transfer action with the NetNames staff.